Monday, June 4

The official start of summer

Today starts the first whole week of no school. The other day I counted on the calendar and there are only 11 full weeks of summer break. I think summer break was longer when I was a kid. I remember at first being so happy to be out of school, then I remember being bored. Now when I hear "I'm bored" I get to be the one to say "If you need something to do I can give you a job". I guess it's a mom thing.

Today is also the start of swimming lessons. All I can say is it's about time! The boys should have started lessons at least two years ago, but we never really go swimming enough for them to have needed them. I would like to go swimming a lot this summer so I think this will be a good start.

On the blogging front, last month was pathetic. I don't think two entries even counts as blogging. I'm hoping for at least once a week this month with twice being even better. It's fun to look up someone's blog and see a new entry and find out what they are up to or what they think. Well, at least that's what I think about your blogs! :)

Enjoy your summer!

1 comment:

  1. Summers used to seem longer to me too... I'm looking forward to seeing more posts! Let us know how the boys like swimming lessons!

    ReplyDelete