Tuesday, July 15

Do you see what I see?

Look closely at this picture.  

I promise there will not be a test at the end of this post.

I decided it was time to put something in my barrel, and after some looking around bought the little white Vincas (I think my new favorite flower!) and a Trumpet Vine that would climb up my little trellis, even though the nursery said it wouldn't flower until next year.  Well, to my surprise the Trumpet Vine did flower this year, but not like I thought it would.

All of these pretty flowers are on the back-side of the trellis, hiding out by the bricks.  It is a "full sun" plant in a "partial shade" area so it's not like the blooms are hiding from the sun!

It'll be interesting to see where the flowers bloom next year.

Maybe I'll have to turn the barrel around.

*************************

Speaking of gardens... as I was leaving Macey's this morning, the radio was on and the Savage Garden song "I want you" was playing (I know... that whole "garden" connection was a stretch!).  Right as they sang the words "ooh I want you, I don't know if I need you, but ooh I'm dying to find out" (I think I'm somewhat close on those lyrics!?) I looked up and saw written on the back window of the mini-van in front of me the words "I want you, I need you".

What are the odds??

9 comments:

  1. Oooh, weird. What do you think it means? ;) I love your flowers, they are so dainty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had a green thumb. Nothing I have is ever this pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful flowers - weird about the song!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your barrel turned out fabulous! I'm not so sure about your strange experience --- makes you wonder huh????

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice transition from gardens to garden. Weird that it happened that way. Really like the barrel of flowers! I really would not have noticed the blooms in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the barrel and trellis! I may have to steal that idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks alot...now I can't get that song out of my head!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alisa I love your Barrel!!! You had such vision. I 'm totally impressed. You told me what you were going to do and it looks even better than I imagined!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the trellis! It's very pretty! And I promise, I did notice something sort of orange in the back :D

    ReplyDelete