Friday, February 29

Leap day

The other day I was trying to explain leap year to Tyler, and I told him that if my mom had had me 5 days later I would have been born on leap day because I was born in a leap year. When I told him that, had that happened, this year I would be celebrating my 8th birthday he said "but then you wouldn't be our mom". I asked him why not, and he said "because you wouldn't be old enough".
It is a bit funny to think of me right now saying I'm 8. Eight is such a momentous year- baptism, activity days/scouts, cursive, multiplication, etc. I'm so glad I'm not 8 again, although I sure wouldn't mind all that energy! :)

1 comment:

  1. Your blog looks so great! Sorry it's taken me so long to get on here. It looks like Eliza behaved well for her haircut! it looks cute on her. That's also a really cute picture of Mike. I hope he had a great birthday! I just barely learned the point of leap year yesterday. It's kind of pathetic that it took me long. I'm sure Tyler will pick it up faster ;)

    ReplyDelete