One month ago today I arrived home from my amazing Hawaii vacation. I am ready to go back... today, tomorrow, whenever. But, since it will be at the very least a good couple of years before I make it back, you will have to humor my reminiscing.
I flew to Hawaii with my mom and sister-in-law Addie.
We were picked up at the airport by my sisters, Susan & Megan who flew out a day early (Megan is below in one of our amazing hotel rooms).
I flew to Hawaii with my mom and sister-in-law Addie.
While unpacking I discovered this adorable note, hidden in my suitcase. Clay and Tyler had mentioned things they might like me to bring them as souvenirs, and this note was to let me know I didn't need to bring them anything. What kind of mom would I be if I didn't bring them something?
This picture shows there was an incredible view of the ocean and mountains to the north of us.
And this was below our 10th floor rooms- a pool of sting rays.
There was also a pool of small sharks like this hammerhead. You could sit and eat while you watched the sharks swimming around.
The morning after we arrived we decided to jog/walk along the path that followed the lagoons. While out it started to rain and on the way back we had to stop to take pictures of this double rainbow leading to the pot of gold- our hotel. In front of the hotel you see the beach where we would go to soak up the sun! I could use some of that sun right now.
A typical breakfast consisted of this- a pineapple-coconut scone with fresh fruit and of course... a chocolate milk!
Our hopes of snorkeling in the picture-perfect lagoon (or anywhere else for that matter) were dashed when we were informed we had arrived at the peak of the jellyfish invasion. Apparently, 10 days after every full moon the jellyfish come up to shore to mate, and we had arrived on day 10. So, if you are planning on snorkeling during your Hawaii vacation look at your calendar before you go- those little moon pictures on there are good for something after all!!
We spent the day laying on the beach (I'll spare you those pictures of me!), enjoying the sun and feeling the Hawaiian breeze. It was actually a fairly stiff wind, but still surprisingly warm. When you trade 20 degree days for ones in the high 70's you don't even notice a little wind or rain! :)The perfect ending of our first evening was eating dinner looking out over the ocean as the sun set. Does it get any better than this?





So covetous of your amazing trip. Looks like a great time and so beautiful!
ReplyDeleteAlso jealous--I'm so happy you got to go!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you had such a good time. The pictures really make me want to be there right now!
ReplyDelete