Do you remember these from school lunch?

Peanut butter fingers were always served the same day as chicken nuggets at my school. Needless to say, I would always eat school lunch on peanut butter finger day. They were delicious! Well... say goodbye!
The school has officially removed peanut butter fingers (along with those nasty peanut butter & jelly Uncrustables) from the lunch menu in an effort to protect the small minority of children with peanut allergies. Now I'm sure if I had a child with a severe allergy to something I would be more sympathetic. But I don't... so I'm not. I'm tired of the government trying to protect us from ourselves, but I have no interest in being in politics. I just wish the people who make the decisions for everyone were smart enough to make the right decisions. You know... the decision I would make.
So, I'm lucky to have the recipe that tastes as good as I remember from the good old days (thanks Shelley)! Now instead of eating one peanut butter finger at the school, I can eat a whole pan at home!



I totally remember those! PB Finger day was my favorite school lunch day too. I also loved cinnamon nubbin day, you know with the taco. School luch is going down hill.
ReplyDeleteWhat is the big idea in putting a picture of the scrumptious peanut bar, talking about how you love them and then not sharing the recipe? Please send right away! =) How are you? I've kind of been AWOL lately with morning sickness, but I hope to be coming out of my funk soon. Hope you're well.
ReplyDeleteHere is my personal favorite - removing butter from the menu but then sending my kids home with various candy every day. Give the kids their butter for crying out loud. I totally agree about not catering to the minority - but it seems that is the way of it lately.
ReplyDeleteDid you know that Jaden is suppose to wash his hands before nursery and avoid peanut butter before church? I guess a nursery kid is violently allergic to it. Where are all these peanut butter allergies coming from?
ReplyDeleteI am so glad I got to be one of the lucky tasters of these delicious treats. They were fantastic! Thanks for making them for us.
ReplyDeleteI DO need the recipe. I love these things, and to have them not on the menu anymore?? Sad.
ReplyDeleteI loved those things from school lunch. And I totally agree that they shouldn't get rid of them. I feel bad for the people with the allergies but they are a minority...they need to learn to live in a world with pb! because one person is allergic the world tries to take away our freedom to enjoy peanut butter! not right;)
ReplyDeleteps. Seaworld and Legoland are so much better than Disneyland...at least when the kids are young.
Grrr, I hate that they are stepping in too!
ReplyDeleteI love these! I would love the recipe. Had one of these at timpanogas hospital after the birth of one of my kids. Now I have to get one everytime I go by that hospital. I know it is wierd but they are so delicious. So fun to hear from you.
ReplyDeleteI did like these, however, I LOVED the french dip sandwiches if we are talking about meals. Don't remember which treat came with it.
ReplyDelete