Wednesday, April 1

Spring has sprung

and played another trick on us!



I thought March was supposed to come in like a lion and out like a lamb, and this one was completely the opposite. I guess I've always felt like spring is the trickiest season. You never really know when spring is going to come, even though this year the calendar told us it would be March 20th. And March 20th was a beautiful day with actual warmth and sunshine. I even wore a short sleeve shirt so my glowing white arms could soak up a bit of the sun. Now here we are a good 12 days into the "spring" season and what do we have? Snow!

Here is an example of spring being tricky-

This is Monday morning at 8:17 am

This is the same view, also on Monday, but at 3:22 pm.


Again, Monday at 8:17 am.



Monday at 3:22 pm. Snow? What snow?

Those poor flowers! I have to admit though, any flower that chooses to grow at my house (and especially those that are adventurous enough to come back each year) must be hardy to survive my lackadaisical weed and water schedule- also known as whenever I remember.

So, although I welcome all the moisture we are receiving, I am looking forward to being outside and feeling more warmth and seeing more sun.


My glowing white arms are ready too!

4 comments:

  1. I think I have you beat with my unfortunate "ghost" arms. Great job with scouts. Thanks for ALL you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If there's a contest for the whitest arms... well there is no contest. Spring needs to make its appearance in the form of nice steady warmth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that lion alive? Or was it one of Mike's projects to be put on the wall. hahah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought you were caucasion?
    Aren't you supposed to be white?
    I'm confused! :-) Is there something I don't know?

    ReplyDelete