Saturday, May 16

Where's W-Alisa

So Alisa isn't the best Blogger in the World. I am fine with that, but so many women (and obviously some men, judging from past comments---- you boys know who you are -- Jug, Ryan, etc) obviously want to know what is going on in our lives that I feel inclined to give you-all the pleasure of a post. I feel a touch effeminate by actually blogging (seeing as I have never sent a text message or received free money from the machines now located in every shopping space from strip-malls to TaiPan Trading--- I believe they are called ATMs?-- I feel blogging must be up there with watching Pride and Predjudice, not that I would ever admit to that either, but enough about that....), but I will just pass it off as my civic duty to stave the wondering minds within and without our smallish circle of friends, family, and strange people who link to Alisa's blog from others' pages, even if they have no idea who we are; we could even be Democrats.... Oh the horror.

So Jenny asked what we did over Spring break, and while some of the following will be embelished slightly, it makes up for me leaving out the photos of working our cattle over Spring Break. You know the branding, dehorning, shots, castra.... well making boy calves not boy calves, etc. I am sure that would bore all involved (except for the lurking husbands who visit their wives' friends' -and strangers'- blogs at 2am when they can't sleep or at 7:45pm while she is doing the dishes--- like any good wife would do). So without further ado, here are some photos...... (and yes those who don't know us may look also)


We took the kids and their $2 kites to where I keep my horses (I should claim them as the family's horses, but Alisa gets to claim the kids) and the wind blows almost perfectly for a kite of any nature. After 100 feet of string was at an end from the first spool we proceeded to tie an additional 2 spools (200 feet) onto the kite. Even an adult smiles when they see a kite 300 feet in the air.

After I had my fun with the kite, I let the kids each hold the string for a snap-shot, then I handed the spool to Alisa and told her to real it in. I thought that was rather nice of me, letting her fly the kite for the next 42 minutes, while reeling in 300 feet of dental floss. Yes, I am sure some are jealous of Alisa's great fortune in marrying me.



While Alisa was preoccupied with flying a kite 300 feet, then 299.75 feet, then 299.5 feet, etc, in the air, I took Clay and Eliza to look for shed deer antlers in the 20 acre pasture/bushes, where they each found an antler. This photo is a representation of our little shed hunt, but this was in March when I talked Alisa into waking up at 5am to drive for 4 1/2 hours each way and walk through sage brush flats, cedar ridges, and shale canyons all in search of an antler which a deer had no use for anymore. What a great vacation I planned! She was so happy (at least I perceived her one-corner-of-her-mouth smile as happiness) and said that it was much better than "Buns of Steel"! I may decide to market the workout.


This is the token "aaaahhhhh" photo, of Eliza tooling around with the spoils of her adventures. (In the trunk, hint hint)


Eliza rode a horse. This is Redd, he is a red horse. I also have a brown horse named Brownie. I had an Appoloosa horse named Appy, a Black horse named Blacky, a paint horse named Paint- but we called him #*%&$ for short, and we have a bay horse named, no not Bay, GPS. Eliza likes horses.



The horses are quarantined in a 4 acre parcel for the winter, kept in by an electric fence. So after Alisa had a grand time of flying her kite (hers because it was 300 feet in the air and I got bored) I asked her to check if the fence was hot. Now I know, who would actually grab hold of an electric fence? Well someone HAS to, how else would we know if the fence was working? Oh the humanity if the horses actually were able to leave their 4 acre dirt home and graze on the new blades of Spring grass. So.........





the fence was hot. And so is Alisa.........
by
Mike




9 comments:

  1. So the last picture is classic!! You rock Alisa! And Mike you must be pretty good too, to trick her into sticking with you!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picture Alisa! I'm very impressed that Mike wrote about your spring break. Eliza looks great on the horse. I also like your horses names. Sounds like the names of Randy's sheep growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mike for assisting me with posting. You're such a great poster, maybe you should get your own blog! :)
    I have to admit, I wouldn't have put pictures of me shocking myself on here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job on the blog, Mike. But you need some help with horse naming :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can blase` the day away about not being a blogger... but you have just inadvertently revealed your true identity as a...blogger!

    Way to come out of the blogging closet... I commend you.

    Next stop, "facebook"...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my favorite post. Ever. I read it a long time ago and can't believe I didn't comment on it right away. Phil and I were laughing hysterically. And we miss you guys. Any chance of getting together soon??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry you had to test the fence Alisa! I don't know how strong that one was, but those things can HURT! Next time just shove the mule into it and see what happens. And tell Mike it's his turn to reel in the kite next time :D

    P.S. Mike- great to see you on here! I agree with Alisa that you should start one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ALISA!!! If you come back to blogging, I have a new blog at petitepyromaniac.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Also ivyleaguestable.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete