Monday, May 24

Yawnnnnnnn


Have you ever looked at someone's blog once a week, only to find that they haven't updated their blog for, like, over a year? They just wasted 52 clicks. Your 52 clicks. 52 clicks of wear on your computer for nothing.

52 minutes of your life has been taken from you as their un-updated page loads. How could they not allow you into their life? How could they think Facebook could ever replace Blogger? (you thought this person was your friend--hahaha) What were they thinking?

Who could be so inconsiderate? Who does that to friends? Who does that to friends' husbands surfing their wives' blog list? Who does that to the stranger linking from others' blogs? Let me tell you who......

You know Her as the blonde living on the corner, the same corner so many of you cut as you hurriedly try to get home to make dinner for your husbands (or the husbands reading this getting home to eat the dinners their wives have made for them) as any good wife would do.

She is the mother of



this little girl. (who her Dad loves so much).

Of course anyone who knows Her would know that the person writing this would never put an actual photo of the perpetrator of such inconsideration on Her blog. (Hey she is soooo nice to you all, but........ ) Yes, I may have included a photo of her shocking herself on the electric fence last year, and I have regretted it ever since (mainly due to the mac and cheese dinners. Round hotdogs and slivered hotdogs do not make mac and cheese better).

I guess I'll let you know how Her last year went--- She went on what I think was LOTS of girls nights/ladies nights (is there a difference?). She made her husband plant and weed a garden. She hiked hither and thither with the family, worked cattle, went to Disneyland, water-skied, spent time with family, and was a most excellent scout leader. I am sure there is much more, but I'll let her tell those stories one day.

So one day, you might just check in and find an actual post, by someone you actually care about. For now I'll fill in. See you again next May....... Mike

6 comments:

  1. OK I just tried to send another post but it didn't go through...so sorry if you get two. I loved your post...what a cute girl you have! It is so good to read your blog. Sounds like a good year. You are both an amazing person and a amazing scout leader. Can't wait to hear your stories, even if it is next May. And this is Patty, even though it will say Lane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a pretty funny post. We have missed hearing from you and now that we have moved away we will hold our breath until every May when Mike updates. It is true, you are an amazing scout leader.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't decide if I should just turn the blog over to Mike, change the password, or actually blog myself. Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! She will make an amazing Young women leader now. Quality over quantity every time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Mike. I was wondering what she has been doing. I guess I could call but like blogging that is so time consuming! ;)You didn't say anything about early morning workouts. Did that stop? :) I wish I could be there to see her with the Young Women.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea for a post from the Christensen's! Mike, you are a clever writer. No, don't fully turn it over to him Alisa! You should take turns'eh?
    The pic of the fence scare was awesome! Don't have regrets on that.
    So, here's to those people who cut your corner (so funny) and here's to friends who do and don't post. And here's to an amazing scout leader, YW leader, and one amazing friend with blonde hair and a clever garden weeder :-)

    ReplyDelete