Saturday, May 10

Tagged

I have been tagged. (Thanks Alice for giving me something to blog about!)

1. Typically, what time do you wake up? I wish I could say I'm up at 6 to exercise, start a load of laundry, read my scriptures, and make a nutritious breakfast for my family. Realistically, although I wake up between 6:30 and 7:15, I lay in bed (go back to sleep) until 7:20-7:45. Depends on the day. This needs a change.

2. On a good night what time are your kids in bed?
We try for 8:00. Usually it's between 8:30 or 9:00 though. Most often Eliza goes to bed after the boys with the reason being she had a nap. I've heard of different bedtimes with the youngest going to bed earliest and the oldest staying up later. Does anyone do this? Does it work? It sounds to me like it just drags the whole thing out.

3. How long have you been a mom?
On June 15th it will be 9 years. I know I want them to grow up, but it's going really fast. If you think about them moving out for college or whatever when they are 18 then Clay's "at home" time is half over. That's weird. And a little scary.

4. How old were you when you became a mom?
23

5. What is your favorite kids t.v. show/movie?
Nothing is coming to mind on this one. I guess I'm glad Eliza really likes watching "The Letter Factory". It's a Leap Frog movie that teaches letters and their sounds. Maybe she'll teach herself to read in preschool like Clay did. The boys like watching Nature, Animal Planet and the Discovery Channel. Tyler claims he doesn't like watching tv, just the news to see the weather. What is he talking about? Well... for some reason I like Cars...

6. What is your least favorite kids show?
I don't let them watch ones I don't like (I know... I'm mean). I don't like the ones that show kids being rude, mean, disobeying, or talking back. That's a lot of shows on tv right now.

7. What are your kids favorite chores?
They don't seem to mind vacuuming and emptying the dishwasher. We finally came up with a chore system a couple of weeks before school started last summer and it worked really well. School threw it off. Time to get that going again.

8. What is your favorite meal to cook?
I am all for convenience. I'm not a great cook and have never wanted to be a chef. I could probably eat out every night if it wouldn't cost a fortune to feed our family that way. But if I have to pick a favorite that I cook I guess it would be Alice's taco soup recipe. I brown some hamburger, open some cans, heat, stir, and it tastes like I tried hard.

9. What is the meal you cook most often?
I asked my kids what they think I make the most and Clay said "probably one of the ronies". You know... Pasta-Roni, Rice-a-Roni, etc. And what goes with it? Some sort of sandwich?

10. What is your kids favorite meal?
They like to go to the Creamery on 9th for hamburgers, pepper fries and ice cream. So do I- remember #8. Ones that I make... either Biscuits and Gravy or Greek Supper Pie.

11. What is your favorite thing your husband does with your kids?
He plays with them and they love it. They wrestle and try to bean each other with balls. I've never seen them run so fast as when Mike is about to get them.

12. What are five things that make you smile when being a mom?
When they get so excited about simple things. When they accomplish something they tried hard for. When I see/hear them getting along voluntarily and taking care of each other. When I see pictures of them when they are little and it reminds me of funny things they did or said. Funny things they do or say now.

13. If you could take your kids anywhere where would it be?
I love going on vacation. Why don't we do it more? I want to take the kids to Disneyland ( I think I like Disneyland more than the kids) but that will probably have to wait until Eliza is a little taller, I want her to get my money's worth. Right now... probably camping. They absolutely loved it last summer and were really good at it. Even though the before and after of camping is such a pain I think we will try again this summer. Summer's coming right?

14. When was the last time you went somewhere without your kids?
Does going in the bathroom and shutting the door count? Yesterday I had an hour for an appointment. Going to Hawaii for 6 days in January while they stayed home with Mike. (Remembering that could count as #5 too!)

15. What is your favorite pastime activity to do with your kids?
We play games like Sorry or Monopoly Jr. or Moose in the House (this is a card game, although we really do have a moose in our house).

16. Name one thing you said you’d never do as a mom?
Tell my kids no without a good reason. Now it is my favorite! ;p Clay has started asking me to give him a reason why I'm saying no. Isn't because I said so good enough?

17. What is your favorite quality your mom has?
She is always thinking of ways to help others.

18. What is your advice for new moms?
Make someone take pictures of you holding, hugging, and playing with your kids. That way when you remember how sweet they were and you wish you could hold that sweet baby or kiss those big squishy cheeks you have a picture showing you did. This is not to say they aren't sweet now. They just grow and change really fast.

19. What is your scariest or most heartbreaking moment as a mom?
The scariest by far is when we were at Primary Children's with Clay and realized how close we were to loosing him. Second would be not knowing where Eliza was at the zoo last summer. Heartbreaking is when they find out the world isn't always a nice safe place.

20. What is your most joyful moment as a mom?
Watching my kids succeed at something.

21. When was the last time you were told “I LOVE YOU” by one of your kids?
Last night. It was the bedtime I Love You.


I tag Jenna, Andrea, and my sisters (that includes you Addie)

2 comments:

  1. Although I'm your sister, I'm exempt from this tagging, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were talking about kids' TV shows last night--we decided maybe they are to blame for all the boyfriend/girlfriend/kissing talk we've heard lately from our KINDERGARTNERS! What ever happened to Bugs Bunny and the Road Runner???? At least all they did on that show was hunt each other down and kill each other over and over! :)

    ReplyDelete