For New Year's Eve this year, we barely had plans. I'm not complaining... that is the way it is most years. Our celebrations are so laid back, I don't even have pictures to prove how weak they were.
We started out straightening up the house. I would say cleaning the house but let's face it, all I am doing is re-shuffling what we've been dealt over the last week and a half.
Then sledding for the boys, a nap for Eliza, and a new pillow for me.
Our evening celebrations consisted of homemade pizza- the kids did the toppings perfectly, boxing Tyler (on the Wii), watching original Scooby Doo episodes, and snacking on the strawberry cake I made to brake-in the new bundt pan, Bugles with spray cheese (sounds nasty and it is- kids loved it) and parmesan-basil Wheat Thins (these were nasty too). Mike's back has been giving him grief again so he wasn't up to too much partying, but he was still able to kick Clay's but in Wii baseball.
We watched the ball drop live on Eastern Time and then I suggested we all go to bed. The boys seemed to think they were getting gypped. I thought going to bed at 10:30 was a great idea- won't we all have 365 days in 2009! I also didn't care about that extra second we were supposedly getting, the more sleep the better and I had that new pillow to try out. Kids were in bed by 10:45, and after "staightening up" I went to bed at 11:30.
While trying to go to sleep I started wondering who in the neighborhood was up hammering something at 11:30 pm. Didn't they have something better to do on New Year's Eve? Then I realized it wasn't hammering... it was fireworks. I could tell when it was midnight- it sounded like the Stadium of Fire went off in my backyard. Did anyone else hear that? Or were you the ones actually up at midnight celebrating? Maybe we'll see midnight next year, or now I guess it's this year.
I hope you had a great 2008 and wish you all health and happiness in the new year!
Thursday, January 1
Celebrating the New Year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



We are really trying to make going to bed before midnight our tradition! Where did you get your pillow? I really need something different. Happy New Year.
ReplyDeleteWe didnn't stay up either. We've had a little bit of sickness at our house, so the parents were tired. Our children only got to see 9:00 and we only saw 10:00 or 11:00. I thought I heard some fireworks, but we must have been pretty tired so it didn't bother us.
ReplyDeleteLove your food details-That is SOOO important! Every good tradition centers around food-Right? Well, sounds like it was a pretty eventful evening for ya'll! We did a lot of the same things you did! Funny! We went sledding, played the WII, did some eating and watched movies and went to bed at 9:30pm (Steve was out of town, so sleep sounded nice!)
ReplyDeleteHAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
ReplyDelete