Monday, August 11

Hot Hot Hot!

Do you remember these?  They are called icicles.

Do you remember snow?

I remember having to dig through 8 inches of snow so I could feed the dog.  I call "not it" this winter.

Do you remember having to dress up like this just to go get the mail?
Now be glad it is still summer.

Why do stores have Christmas in the summer?  Christmas is in December not July (or August).  Are they just clearing out all of their old stuff from last year because they need the storage space for all of this year's stuff?  Or do they really think people start getting ready for Christmas that early?  Do people get ready that early?  Am I the only one who thinks about getting ready early but then spends the two weeks before Christmas running all over trying to find something but not knowing what I'm looking for?  Maybe there is something to Christmas in July after all!

So, since I didn't blog about Christmas in December like a good blogger would, I give you Christmas in August-

One of my favorite Christmas trees ever.  Some of that has to do with cutting it down ourselves.  Friends Phil & Jenna invited us to go with them, so we all drove in to the mountains to search for the "perfect tree".  I have a picture of that day, but the other computer won't let me have it.

Our stocking were hung.  This was a R.S. Super Saturday project from the first ward we were in.

The Christmas Eve present.  Why is it always pajamas?  I made these ones.

And of course, tearing through everything the morning of.

Now I do wish it was Christmas in August.  

Time to start planning.

5 comments:

  1. Why must you torture me with Christmas pics? I can't take it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas?? These pictures did make me happy. Coincidently, I was browsing my December pictures just last night as well! I am not ready for the weather yet, so Christmas can remain where it is.
    Also... so glad you had such a good summer... the pictures are fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit, I got excited the moment I saw that icicle picture!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alisa your blog is so cute...why haven't I thought to use the "not it" principle in my adult life?! Your family is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's exciting and weird that Megan is getting married. I still have a little girl pictured in my head!
    I got the dress at Nordstrom's, but it has quite a bit of shimmer, so if she just wants gray it might not work. Hopefully it does.

    ReplyDelete