The call was made official today.
I will let the uniform speak for itself.
I have been asked to be an Assistant Den Leader in the Bear Den.
No, the picture doesn't make the shirt look big. It really is big. I was pregnant with Tyler the first time I was called to this position (about 7 1/2 years ago!) and for some reason when I went to get the uniform I purchased a large. I guess I thought it had to cover my pregnant belly, but in the three years I had that calling I only needed it that big for about 4 months. My plan is to pull out the sewing machine and "take it in".
I was shocked when they called me to scouts back then. After all my oldest boy wasn't even one and a half, but this time around I will actually be with one of my own kids. Clay will be moving up to the Bear Den in one week when he turns 9, and who knows, if I'm in for 3 years again I will get to see Tyler go through too! So now there's no excuse for Clay not getting his Bear award!
The tag on the shirt says it is an "Official Blouse". Do people still call shirts blouses? Would you call any of the shirts you wear a blouse? What is the difference between a blouse and a shirt? If they are the same thing, why don't we just call them all shirts? Blouse is one of those words that sounds funny said out loud. And now I'm done typing it.
*****************************
In honor of getting to go back to Relief Society I made myself something to carry my scriptures.
For the past 3 years I hauled all my stuff to church in my Primary bag, but I thought it was time for an update. I was tired of digging through the bottom of my bag trying to find my keys, so I added this key pocket on the front and it has a pocket on the inside for pencils/pens and whatever else.
As I sat in R.S. today I felt like I should be somewhere else. And although I would have loved to hear the nursery lesson "I am thankful for my mouth", it was very nice to hear about spiritual gifts. When I went to pick up Eliza from nursery the Leader that replaced me asked how I liked it "on the outside".
I have to admit, it felt good!



The bag looks amazing Lise! And, um, is that a pleat on the pocket? Bravo.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on making it out of the free church babysitting calling. I'm over a year now and now that I have three callings being in nursery is getting old. Plus my nursery partner is leaving in a few months and I can't imagine still being in there without her to gab with. She made it fun.
Rock the scouts look. Maybe just get a belt, make into a sorta wrap, and try to have it somehow make your boobs look bigger. Thats always a huge hit.
Love, love, love the bag. You do good work.
ReplyDeleteThe calling will be perfect for you. And the blouse will look lovely. I mean you are really someone who could pull off a yellow blouse, with patches. I mean taking in a blouse shouldn't be a big deal. Anyway, good luck sewing the blouse.
Love the bag. Wish I could sit next to it and you in RS, but alas... I believe a blouse has buttons down the front. As opposed to a shirt that doesn't? I don't know if that's the truth, but that is what I think I learned once. Anyway, you will probably do wonders with and in the "blouse". As Jamie went to bed on Sat. night she was rehearsing the fact that she got to go to her "class" on Sunday with her friends and her teacher "Sister Christensen" (love how she says that, by the way) and I didn't have the heart to tell her then that you wouldn't be there. She thought you were really great. I told after her class that you were not going to be there anymore. Is that bad?
ReplyDeleteI have a smaller shirt. :) Let me know if you want to borrow it. :) Good luck. tee hee tee hee.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your new calling! I know you'll do great at it. Nice job on the bag too!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on the new calling! I know you've been there before. Are you working with Debbie? You'll be great, like you are with everything...can't say I envy you much, though.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the comment! When I changed my background I only lost my playlist and my statcount. I easily added the playlist back on, but I wanted to ask you about the other thing. I'll ask you next time I see you! I hope you're having a great day!
ReplyDelete