Clay came home from school last fall really excited about a book called Fablehaven that his teacher was reading to the class. He started telling me all about it and I decided that it would be good for me to know what he was reading/hearing, so I got a copy and read it.
And I liked it so much I read the second book.
And the third one that just came out a couple of months ago.
Next year #4 will come out. Is that the end? I don't know.
The book was completely clean, and if they kept it that way I could see it as a movie you could actually take your elementary age kids to. And there aren't very many of those these days.
The author is coming to the library on Monday where they have planned an evening of festivities. It sounded like something fun to take the whole family to, but unfortunately it is sold out!
So, if you are looking for something you could read to your kids (or just to yourself) I think you'll find this entertaining.



I will have to try again to read these. I started the first and couldn't get into it, but them someone told me that you have to get further than halfway through to begin enjoying it. Could be a good summer read.
ReplyDelete