As I was in the kitchen Sunday morning (Father's Day) frosting a cake (not for Mike) after watching presents being unwrapped (not by Mike), I heard Mike say "There's a deer on the front lawn!" We all rushed to look out the window and there were two bucks, with their antlers covered in velvet, moving across our front yard. After a quick pause they headed west into town. Maybe they were looking for their dad to wish him a Happy Father's Day! Or maybe they were Fathers hiding from their kids.
Not only were we celebrating Father's Day, we were wishing Clay a happy 9th birthday! The two coincide about every 6 years or so and Clay was the one getting the cake and opening presents (don't worry, we didn't forget Mike!).
The two main things Clay wanted this year were-
(We were able to get Brandon Mull himself to wish Clay a Happy Birthday on the inside cover!)
And this cake (those are sea creatures on top- of course!) that looked like this inside-
We called it the neapolitan cake, and it was delicious!
So, Happy Birthday Clay!
--and--
Happy Father's Day Mike!
In honor of my dear husband here is another deer story.
(it starts under the picture of the deer)
I guarantee you will laugh!



Happy Birthday Clay! The deer story had me rolling. It was the funniest thing I've read in a long time. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Clay. Your cake looked amazing.
ReplyDelete