Saturday, June 7

Family Reunions

I was looking at the summer months on my calendar and noticing how peacefully blank nearly all of the days are.  It's such a change from the hectic months of school when all of the boxes are filled in with tiny writing.  I'm sure it will gradually fill in a little, but I was surprised to think how many of those could be filled with family reunions.  So I decided to make use of the little numbering button that has, prior to this moment, been left ignored, and list the reunions I could attend.  Here they are...

  1. My mom's side that she and her siblings take turns planning every year
  2. Mike's side that rotates through his dad's siblings
  3. My dad's side that goes back to my grandma's siblings
  4. My mom's side again, this time rotated through my grandma's siblings (I think this one got cancelled though.  It's a long story where the person who told my mom she had to plan it said she wouldn't come)
  5. There's usually one on my dad's dad's side
  6. And if I really wanted some family history info I could go to this one
There will, of course, be the usual other family gatherings and barbecues between the immediate family that don't count as family reunions.  And then there are the weddings and various showers.  So I will be seeing certain members of my extended family more than usual this summer.

But now I'm wondering how many reunions you could go to.  And that's why I've added a poll.  It was up prior to the background change when it was erased (among a couple of other things), but we'll try it again.

What's your favorite thing to do at reunions?

2 comments:

  1. Exactly! Eat! We eat, then talk about the next meal, start preparing, and then eat the next meal. Crazy. But, we don't imbibe on other things, so I guess food is a second alternative!

    ReplyDelete